Frequently asked questions : Accounts - families
What should I do if an email address is already in use?
If you're creating a new account and you receive an error message stating that the email address you entered is already in use, this means an account is already set up with the same email address. That means you have previously signed up for a Chessity account using this email address.
If you’re creating a new student account and you receive the message that the email address you entered is already in use, this means that an account is already set up with the same address.
This can be:
- a free or premium account that your student has created before
- an account of another family member who uses the same email address (parent, sibling)
Choose your workaround:
There are several ways to work around the problem of email addresses that are already registered. It depends on your situation which option best suits your needs:
- Delete the existing account and create a new student account with the preferred email address. All user data will be deleted and cannot be recovered.
- Change the email address in the existing account. You can now use the preferred email address for the new student account.
- Create a student account without entering an email address. Email addresses are optional for student accounts. This option comes in handy with siblings.
- Transfer the existing account to your student management system. Your student can continue using his/her account and you have full coach rights.