Privacy and Data Protection Information at Chessity
Welcome to Chessity
Chessity, developed by the team behind www.chessity.com, is your gateway to learning chess. Whether you're a beginner or an enthusiastic player looking to enhance your skills, our app provides inspiring content and enables you to practice chess puzzles. Through our advanced technology, you receive personalized feedback and adaptive challenges tailored to your skill level.
This Privacy Statement informs you about our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our service and the choices you have associated with that data. By using the Chessity app, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
At Chessity, we understand the importance of your privacy. We collect and use various types of information to enhance our services and provide you with a personalized experience. Below is an overview of the types of information we collect:
- Personal Information:
- When registering for a Chessity account, we collect your unique username, email address, and password.
- Optional Profile Information: You may choose to provide additional information such as your first and last name, address, gender, and a brief biography.
- Non-Personal Information:
- Usage Data: We collect information on how you use our services, such as the time and duration of your use and the specific features you utilize.
- Device and Access Data: This includes information about the type of device you use, your operating system, your IP address, and browser type.
- Information Collected by Third Parties:
- Although we do not share personal data with third parties for their own use, we utilize cloud services such as Active Campaign and Strato BV for data storage and other essential services.
How Information is Collected
At Chessity, we use various methods to collect data to improve our services and tailor them to the needs of our users. Below is an overview of these methods:
- Registration and Account Creation:
- Users need to provide a unique username, a valid email address, and a password to create an account for the Chessity app. Optionally, users can enrich their profile with additional information such as name, address, gender, and a short biography.
- Use of the App:
- We collect data about how and when you use the Chessity app, such as the frequency and duration of your sessions, and which features and puzzles you use. This information helps us personalize your experience and improve the app.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies:
- Communication with Users:
- If you contact us via email or through our website, we collect the information you provide to answer your queries and provide support.
|Subprocessor Name||Purpose of Processing||Types of Personal Data Processed||Location of Processing||Security Measures|
|Active Campaign||Email marketing and customer segmentation||Email addresses, marketing preferences, interaction data||United States||Data encryption, access management, GDPR compliance|
|Microsoft Office 365||Productivity tools and collaboration||Names, email addresses, file data, communication content||Worldwide, including data centers in the EU and US||Encryption, GDPR and CCPA compliance|
|Microsoft Clarity||Website usage analysis and user feedback||Usage data, interaction data||United States||Data anonymization, compliance with privacy laws|
|Dropbox||Cloud storage and file sharing||Files, documents, media content||Worldwide, including data centers in the EU and US||Data encryption, GDPR compliance|
|Zapier||Workflow automation and data integration||Data files, interaction data||United States||Encryption, data protection, GDPR compliance|
|Strato||Web hosting and data storage||Website data, server logs||Europe||Physical and digital security, GDPR compliance|
|Zoom||Video conferencing and communication services||Contact details, communication content||Worldwide, including data centers in the EU and US||End-to-end encryption, GDPR compliance|
|OpenAI||AI and machine learning services||Data for model training and analysis||United States||Data security, compliance with privacy regulations|
|Google Analytics||Website traffic and user behavior analysis||Anonymous usage data||Worldwide, including data centers in the EU and US||Data anonymization, GDPR compliance|
|Google Tag Manager||Management of website tags and tracking scripts||Usage data, interaction data||Worldwide, including data centers in the EU and US||Data protection, GDPR compliance|
|Zendesk||Customer service and support tickets||Contact details, communication content||Worldwide, including data centers in the EU and US||Encryption, access control, GDPR compliance|
|Miro||Online collaborative whiteboarding||Usernames, communication content||Worldwide, including data centers in the EU and US||Data security, GDPR compliance|
|Mollie||Payment processing services||Payment details, transaction data||Europe||Data encryption, compliance with financial regulations and GDPR|
Use of Information
At Chessity, the information collected is used to enhance our services, personalize them, and ensure efficient operation. Here are some of the primary purposes for which we use your information:
- Account Management and User Experience:
- Your information, such as your email address and username, is used for account management. This includes account verification, password recovery, and communication about your account or our services.
- The optional profile information helps us personalize and tailor the app experience to your preferences and needs.
- Service Improvement and Development:
- Usage data, such as how often and how long you use the app, which features you use, and your progress in the game, enable us to analyze and improve the quality and effectiveness of our services.
- We may use your contact information to inform you about updates, new features, promotions, or important announcements related to Chessity.
- Analysis and Research:
- Anonymous or aggregated data may be used for research purposes, such as improving chess challenges, developing new features, and understanding user behavior.
- Security and Fraud Prevention:
- Information about your use of the app may be used to ensure the security of our services and prevent fraud or abuse of our system.
- Legal Obligations:
- In some cases, we may be required to use or share your data in response to legal requests by authorities.
Sharing of Information
At Chessity, we take our users' privacy seriously and are committed to protecting their personal data. Below are our guidelines for sharing information with third parties:
- Sharing with Service Providers:
- We do not share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- For operational purposes, we utilize certain cloud services, such as Active Campaign and Strato BV, for data storage and other essential services. These service providers are contractually obligated to respect the confidentiality of your data and may not use it for any purpose other than providing the agreed-upon services.
- Legal Obligations:
- In certain situations, we may be required to share your personal data in response to legal requests from authorities, including complying with national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Protection of Rights and Safety:
- We may share information if necessary to address fraud, security issues, or technical problems, or to protect our rights and property or the safety of our users or others.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information:
- We may share anonymous or aggregated information with partners or third parties. This information cannot be used to personally identify you.
- Transfer of Business Assets:
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information as part of the transferred assets.
Each time we share your personal data, we take steps to protect your information in accordance with our privacy promises and our legal obligations.
Storage and Security
At Chessity, we take the security of your personal data extremely seriously and have implemented robust measures to protect your data:
- Secure Storage:
- Your personal data is stored on secure servers, using services from trusted cloud services such as Active Campaign and Strato BV.
- Data Encryption:
- All sensitive data is encrypted during transmission between your device and our servers to ensure secure information transfer.
- Passwords and other sensitive data are stored in encrypted form to prevent unauthorized access.
- Access Restriction:
- Access to personal data is strictly limited to employees and third parties who need this information to provide services on our behalf. They are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or legally prosecuted if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Regular Security Audits:
- We conduct regular security audits to ensure the integrity and security of our systems.
- Compliance with GDPR:
- We fully comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant data protection legislation.
- *Data Ret
- We retain personal data only as long as necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- Incident Response:
- In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will take immediate action to mitigate the damage and will inform the affected users and relevant authorities in accordance with legal requirements.
It is important to note that no system can be completely secure, and while we make significant efforts to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
At Chessity, we recognize the importance of your privacy rights and offer the following options to exercise these rights:
- Access to Your Data:
- Users have the right to access the personal information we hold about them. You can access your account information by logging into your account on our website.
- Correction of Inaccuracies:
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to have it corrected. You can do this yourself via your account settings or by contacting us.
- Deletion of Data (Right to be Forgotten):
- In accordance with GDPR legislation, you can request that your personal data be deleted from our databases. To exercise this right, you can contact us via our website.
- Restriction of Processing:
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as when you contest the accuracy of these data.
- Objection to Processing:
- You can object to the processing of your personal data, especially in the case of direct marketing.
- Data Portability:
- You have the right to receive the data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit this data to another controller.
- Withdrawal of Consent:
- Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Filing Complaints:
- If you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of privacy law, you have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To exercise any of these rights, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all privacy-related requests as soon as possible and at the latest within one month.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Cookies on www.chessity.com:
- No Cookies in the Chessity App:
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of our app users and have decided not to use these technologies in the mobile environment.
- Management of Cookies:
- Your Privacy:
- We respect your privacy and choices regarding online tracking and data collection. Our policy is designed to provide transparency and give you control over your personal information.
- For direct questions about privacy issues, you can email us at email@example.com. We aim to respond as soon as possible and at the latest within one month to all privacy-related inquiries.
- For written correspondence, you can reach us at the following address: Jachtlaan 57, 3972 TX Driebergen-Rijsenburg, Netherlands.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your data safe. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance or wish for more information.
At Chessity, we recognize the importance of privacy protection for our users worldwide. Our policy is designed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, one of the strictest privacy laws in the world. Below is how we handle international data transfers and privacy protection:
- International Data Transfers:
- While our services are available worldwide, the information we collect may be transferred to, stored, and processed in countries outside your own, including but not limited to countries within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- We consider the GDPR as our guide for privacy protection and apply these standards to all data we process, regardless of where our users are located.
- Compliance with GDPR:
- By adhering to the GDPR, we are committed to a high level of data protection and privacy. This includes principles such as data minimization, transparency, and the right of users to access and control their personal information.
- Rights of Users:
- Questions and Support:
- If you have questions about how we handle your data in relation to international data transfers, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our goal is to provide a consistent and secure experience to all our users, wherever they may be in the world.