Checkmate is super important. Because this is how you win a chess game! That's why we're going to practise with checkmate again.
Do you remember what is needed for checkmate?
- The king is in check. A piece is threating to take the king.
- The king cannot move away.
- The king cannot capture the piece that gives chess.
- No other piece can be placed between the king and the attacker.
Look at the example:
- The white queen checks the king
- The white king helps the white queen: he protects the queen. Or he takes away escape squares from the black king.
What do you have to do?
Checkmate the king with the white queen. This can be done in a single move.