Frequently asked questions : Accounts - schools and clubs
What should I do if my student's email address is already in use?
If you receive a notification when you create a new student account that the filled in e-mail address is already in use, this means that there is already an account associated with this e-mail address.
This account may be:
- a (free or premium) individual account that your student has
- an account of someone in the same family (parent, brother or sister) using the same e-mail address
Choose your solution
There are several solutions. It depends on the situation which option is best for you to choose:
- Delete the existing account and create a new student account with the same email adress. All old user data will be deleted and cannot be retrieved.
- Change the email address of the existing account. You can now use the desired email address for the new student account.
- Create a student account without entering an email address. Email addresses are optional for student accounts. This option is useful for siblings attending the same school or chess club.
- Convert the existing account to a student account. Your student can continue to use his/her own account, but you now have full coach rights